The NextGen Ministry Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the NextGen Pastor, Kids@FBK Coordinator, and the NextGen team of dedicated volunteers in the day-to-day execution of the ministry. The position supports both the Students and Kids ministries and the overall mission and vision of First Baptist Kettering to invite people to be transformed by Jesus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Administrative Support for all activities of the NextGen@FBK Ministry
- Create and maintain departmental reports, records, promotional material, and registrations for ministry events and weekly activities
- Provide Event Support for the NextGen@FBK Ministry
- Provide step-by-step action plans and timelines for engaging special events / retreats / weekends
- Provide Financial Support for the NextGen@FBK Ministry
- Complete expense reports and documentation tracking Student and Kids ministry budget including check requests; receipts for purchases; reimbursements
- Provide Communication Support for the NextGen@FBK Ministry
- Work with Digital Media Specialist to ensure that the Kids/Student pages on the website are informative and provide important information to families and guests
- Manage digital communication tools to ensure families are informed and up-to-date on how to stay involved at FBK
Key Skills and Abilities
- Devoted follower of Jesus Christ
- Proficient in working with computers and using programs including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with and comfortable with using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other online social media platforms
- Highly organized and detail oriented including preparing and following a timeline for ministry execution
- Experience in administrative assisting roles is preferred but not required for consideration
Commitment to the mission and values of First Baptist Kettering. Typical 24 hours/week schedule, regular office hours Monday – Thursday expected, variations in schedule to meet ministry needs should be expected.
Questions related to this open position or want to submit your resume for consideration? Contact Eric Halter, Church Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted until January 7th, 2018.