At FBC Kettering we seek to help our children gain knowledge and understanding from the Bible, and ultimately to see them commit their lives to Christ and serve Him all of their days. We offer a variety of program throughout the week that help us in raising up the next generation of Christians. The Bible is our textbook. It is the basis of everything taught in our small group Bible studies. Our goal is to help children Hear God’s word, Know Gods’ word, and Do God’s word by applying it to their lives.
AWANA (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed) is a ministry that helps us as a church work alongside parents in developing spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. A typical AWANA meeting involves three main elements:
- Game Time
- Handbook Time (Scripture Memory)
- Council Time (Bible Lesson)
The AWANA club at FBC Kettering meets on Sunday evenings from 6:00 – 7:30 pm from September until May. Registration occurs each September; however, your child may enroll at any point throughout the year. Our program is available for children ages 3 through 6th Grade.
- AWANA offers different programs for each age group:
- CUBBIES (3 to 5 yrs.) celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers by helping them develop respect for God, His Son and His Word.
- SPARKS (K to 2nd Grade) ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
- TRUTH AND TRAINING (3rd to 6th Grade) engages the children by answering their questions about God and the Bible, guiding them through this pivotal life stage to grow in Christ’s grace.
Every Child Plays. Every Child Learns. Every Child is a Winner.
Upward Sports provides a fun kids sports experience based on healthy competition. We offer flag football and cheerleading in the fall and soccer in the spring. Check us out on Facebook or Twitter for news and updates.
Dayton Upward Soccer
Boys and Girls ages 3 years old through 10th grade
Practice Night: Tuesday; Game Day: Saturday
Online registration is now open. Join us for an exciting season of soccer!
The first practice is Tuesday April 7.
The first game and picture day is Saturday April 18.
Awards Night is June 9.
* Soccer Cleats (cannot have a toe cleat)
* Shin guards
* Water bottle
* Soccer ball (3yr – 2nd grade: size 3, 3rd/4th grade: size 4, 5th & up: size 5)
League Co-Director/Admin: Angi Furr
League Pastor: Patrick Stalnaker
Coach Commissioner: Andy Sloan
Ref Commissioner: Len Alexander (assisted by David Hendricks)
Concessions: Shannon Schwartz
Cheer Commissioner: Anne Stalnaker
Grounds Co-Commissioners: Jeff Tilford and Eric Halter
Questions? Contact Stephanie Noel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For inclement weather and league updates, please go to https://www.facebook.com/
Intune Music Program
At FBC Kettering, we understand the importance of raising up the next generation of musicians and worshipers. We have seen a decline in the importance of music education in the schools, and as a result we have taken the responsibility upon ourselves to train the next generation of musicians. Our INTUNE music program is a four-semester program:
- The first semester is a musical, which helps the children understand vocal music and theatre.
- The second semester is chimes, where the children learn how to count and work as a unit of musicians.
- The third semester is a choir, which deals with hymnology and the study and singing of the hymns of the church and also it helps the children learn vocal music and how to read and sing the music.
- The fourth semester is flutophones and recorders, which helps the children understand instrumental music, how to count, as well as instrument maintenance and care.
INTUNE meets on Wednesday nights at 6:30. For more information about INTUNE please contact Pastor Larry.