At FBC Kettering we seek to help our children gain knowledge and understanding from the Bible, and ultimately to see them commit their lives to Christ and serve Him all of their days. We offer a variety of program throughout the week that help us in raising up the next generation of Christians. The Bible is our textbook. It is the basis of everything taught in our small group Bible studies. Our goal is to help children Hear God’s word, Know Gods’ word, and Do God’s word by applying it to their lives.
AWANA (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed) is a ministry that helps us as a church work alongside parents in developing spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. A typical AWANA meeting involves three main elements:
- Game Time
- Handbook Time (Scripture Memory)
- Council Time (Bible Lesson)
The AWANA club at FBC Kettering meets on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 – 8:00 pm from September until May. Registration occurs each September; however, your child may enroll at any point throughout the year. Our program is available for children ages 2 through 6th Grade.
- AWANA offers different programs for each age group:
- PUGGLES (2 to 3 yrs.) recognizes the learning ability of 2- and 3-year olds by introducing biblical precepts at church and equipping parents to teach them at home.
- CUBBIES (3 to 5 yrs.) celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers by helping them develop respect for God, His Son and His Word.
- SPARKS (K to 2nd Grade) ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
- TRUTH AND TRAINING (3rd to 6th Grade) engages the children by answering their questions about God and the Bible, guiding them through this pivotal life stage to grow in Christ’s grace.
UPWARD SCHEDULE UPDATE:
All games scheduled for Tuesday, September 29th have been cancelled.
Every Child Plays. Every Child Learns. Every Child is a Winner.
Upward Sports provides a fun kids sports experience based on healthy competition. We offer flag football and cheerleading in the fall and soccer in the spring. Check us out on Facebook or Twitter for news and updates.
2015 DaytonUpward Flag Football and Cheerleading
EVALUATION/SIZING DATES (Final Date):
* Monday, August 24th from 6:00 – 8:00pm
Evaluation will be at: First Baptist Kettering | 3939 Swigart Rd, Dayton, OH
THINGS TO KNOW:
* Cost: $80 per participant, includes Football jersey / Flags or Cheerleading Uniform / Pom-Poms
* Optional Football Shorts or Cheerleading Turtleneck are available for $15
* Family-friendly schedule… typically one Tuesday night practice and one Saturday game a week
* Older division: 3rd grade & up will play on Saturdays at 10AM
* Younger division: 5 years – 2nd grade will play on Saturdays at Noon
* Practices and games are held at First Baptist Kettering Athletic Fields
* First Practice: Tuesday, September 8th
* First Game: Saturday, September 19th
* Upward ‘Under the Lights’ Night Game: Tuesday, September 29th
* Final Game: Saturday, November 7th
* Awards Night: Tuesday, November 10th
YOUR CHILD WILL NEED:
* Cleats (Football Only)
* Water bottle
DAYTON UPWARD LEADERSHIP TEAM:
League Director: Stephanie Noel
League Co-Director: Molly Ward
Cheer Commissioner: Anne Stalnaker
League Pastor: Patrick Stalnaker
Coach Commissioner: James Rodriguez
Ref Commissioner: Jason Bailey
Concessions: Shannon Schwartz
Grounds Co-Commissioners: Jeff Tilford
Questions? Contact Stephanie Noel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For inclement weather and league updates, please go to https://www.facebook.com/