At FBK we seek to help our children gain knowledge and understanding from the Bible, and ultimately to see them commit their lives to Christ and serve Him all of their days. We offer a variety of program throughout the week that help us in raising up the next generation of Christians. The Bible is our textbook. It is the basis of everything taught in our small group Bible studies. Our goal is to help children Hear God’s word, Know Gods’ word, and Do God’s word by applying it to their lives.
AWANA (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed) is a ministry that helps us as a church work alongside parents in developing spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. A typical AWANA meeting involves three main elements:
- Game Time
- Handbook Time (Scripture Memory)
- Council Time (Bible Lesson)
The AWANA club at FBC Kettering meets on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 – 8:00 pm from September until May. Registration occurs each September; however, your child may enroll at any point throughout the year. Our program is available for children ages 2 through 6th Grade.
- AWANA offers different programs for each age group:
- PUGGLES (2 to 3 yrs.) recognizes the learning ability of 2- and 3-year olds by introducing biblical precepts at church and equipping parents to teach them at home.
- CUBBIES (3 to 5 yrs.) celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers by helping them develop respect for God, His Son and His Word.
- SPARKS (K to 2nd Grade) ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
- TRUTH AND TRAINING (3rd to 6th Grade) engages the children by answering their questions about God and the Bible, guiding them through this pivotal life stage to grow in Christ’s grace.
Every Child Plays. Every Child Learns. Every Child is a Winner.
Upward Sports provides a fun kids sports experience based on healthy competition. We offer flag football and cheerleading in the fall and soccer in the spring. Check us out on Facebook or Twitter for news and updates.
2016 DaytonUpward Soccer
- REGISTRATION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL APRIL 1, 2016.
THINGS TO KNOW:
* Cost: $80 per participant, includes soccer jersey and socks
* Optional shorts are available for $15
* Family-friendly schedule… typically one Tuesday night practice and one Saturday game a week
* Older division: 3rd grade & up will play on Saturdays at 10AM
* Younger division: 3 years – 2nd grade will play on Saturdays at Noon
* Practices and games are held at First Baptist Kettering Athletic Fields
* First Practice: Tuesday, April 5, 2016
* First Game: Saturday, April 16, 2016
* Awards Night: Tuesday, June 7, 2016
YOUR CHILD WILL NEED:
* Shin guards
* Soccer ball
DAYTON UPWARD LEADERSHIP TEAM:
League Director: Stephanie Noel
Coach Commissioner: James Rodriguez
Coach Commissioner: Blake Putnam
Ref Commissioner: Jason Bailey
Cheer Commissioner: Anne Stalnaker
Concessions: Shannon Schwartz
Grounds Commissioner: Jeff Tilford
Questions? Contact Stephanie Noel via email at email@example.com
For inclement weather and league updates, please go to https://www.facebook.com/
VBS Week 2016
July 24 to 28 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Kids: 5 yrs to 4th grade – VBX for Students: 5th to 8th grade
Submerged will take your kids on an adventure like no other, deep within the mysterious sea. As kids submerge themselves in God’s Word, they will discover that Jesus didn’t just see what’s on the outside of people. He looked deep down on the inside. So grab your goggles, step into your flippers, and dive in to find truth below the surface!
- For those who registered last year. please use the “click here” in red, at the top of the registration form.
- All others please fill out the form completely.
Fusion Kids Camp 2016
Fusion Kids Camp 2016
June 27 – July 1, 2016
- Please make your $50 deposit AND register your child below by May 15.
- Online payments can be made below or checks can be provided to Stephanie Noel by May 15.
- If you choose to make payments online, please note there is a small convenience fee included.
You will also need to complete the Fusion Camp Medical Form and return.