At FBK we seek to help our children gain knowledge and understanding from the Bible, and ultimately to see them commit their lives to Christ and serve Him all of their days. We offer a variety of program throughout the week that help us in raising up the next generation of Christians. The Bible is our textbook. It is the basis of everything taught in our small group Bible studies. Our goal is to help children Hear God’s word, Know Gods’ word, and Do God’s word by applying it to their lives.
AWANA (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed) is a ministry that helps us as a church work alongside parents in developing spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. A typical AWANA meeting involves three main elements:
- Game Time
- Handbook Time (Scripture Memory)
- Council Time (Bible Lesson)
The AWANA club at FBC Kettering meets on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 – 8:00 pm from September until May. Registration occurs each September; however, your child may enroll at any point throughout the year. Our program is available for children ages 2 through 6th Grade.
- AWANA offers different programs for each age group:
- PUGGLES (2 to 3 yrs.) recognizes the learning ability of 2- and 3-year olds by introducing biblical precepts at church and equipping parents to teach them at home.
- CUBBIES (3 to 5 yrs.) celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers by helping them develop respect for God, His Son and His Word.
- SPARKS (K to 2nd Grade) ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
- TRUTH AND TRAINING (3rd to 6th Grade) engages the children by answering their questions about God and the Bible, guiding them through this pivotal life stage to grow in Christ’s grace.
Every Child Plays. Every Child Learns. Every Child is a Winner.
Upward Sports provides a fun kids sports experience based on healthy competition. We offer flag football and cheerleading in the fall and soccer in the spring. Check us out on Facebook or Twitter for news and updates.
2016 DaytonUpward Flag Football and Cheerleading
THINGS TO KNOW:
* Cost: $80 per participant, includes jersey/cheer uniform and flags/pom-poms
* Optional shorts/cheer turtlenecks are available for $15
* Family-friendly schedule… typically one practice and one Saturday game each week
* Practices and games are held at First Baptist Kettering Athletic Fields
EVALUATION AND SIZING DATES:
* Participants & parents must attend one session below *
Saturday, August 20, 2016 from 10a – 12p
Tuesday, August 23, 2016 from 6p – 8p
Thursday, August 25, 2016 from 6p – 8p
* All sessions will be held at First Baptist Kettering, 3939 Swigart Rd, Dayton, OH 45440
* First Practice: Tuesday, August 30, 2016
* First Game: Saturday, September 10, 2016
* Upward “Under The Lights” Night Game: Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 6:00pm & 7:30pm
* Final Game: Saturday, October 29, 2016
* Awards Night: Tuesday, November 1, 2016
YOUR CHILD WILL NEED:
* Football Cleats
* Water bottle
DAYTON UPWARD LEADERSHIP TEAM:
League Director: Stephanie Noel
Coach Commissioners: Aaron Hager & Blake Putnam
Ref Commissioner: Jason Bailey
Cheer Commissioner: Anne Stalnaker
Concessions: Shannon Schwartz
Grounds Commissioner: Jeff Tilford
Pastors: David Faile & Patrick Stalnaker
Questions? Contact Stephanie Noel via email at email@example.com
For inclement weather and league updates, please go to https://www.facebook.com/
Sign Up to Volunteer!