At FBK we seek to help our children gain knowledge and understanding from the Bible, and ultimately to see them commit their lives to Christ and serve Him all of their days. We offer a variety of program throughout the week that help us in raising up the next generation of Christians. The Bible is our textbook. It is the basis of everything taught in our small group Bible studies. Our goal is to help children Hear God’s word, Know Gods’ word, and Do God’s word by applying it to their lives.
Please click on the Summer Calendar icon below to see what we have planned this summer!
Please click on the CentriKid Camps logo below to watch some great videos about our Summer Camp for kids that have completed 3rd-6th grades. If you have any questions about the FBK Kids Ministry or CentriKid Camp please email Stephanie@fbckettering.org.
Every Child Plays. Every Child Learns. Every Child is a Winner.
Upward Sports provides a fun kids sports experience based on healthy competition. We offer flag football and cheerleading in the fall and soccer in the spring. Check us out on Facebook or Twitter for news and updates.
Unfortunately, over the past 3 Flag Football/Cheerleading seasons our number of players & cheerleaders has dropped significantly. Due to low participation of players & cheerleaders and lack of volunteers, the Upward Leadership Team and FBK staff have decided to not offer a Flag Football & Cheerleading season for Fall 2017.
FYI: There is an Upward Flag Football & Cheer League at Victory Temple in Fairborn, Ohio and registration began on June 1, 2017. Also, you can always visit http://www.upward.org/find-a-place-to-play to find other Upward Leagues in your area.
If you have any questions or comments, please email: email@example.com. Thank you!
2018 Dayton Upward Soccer – REGISTRATION WILL OPEN DECEMBER 2017
Soccer is available for boys and girls Age 3 through 10th grade.
THINGS TO KNOW:
* Cost: $80 per participant, includes jersey, socks & water bottle
* Optional shorts are available for $15
* Family-friendly schedule… typically one practice and one Saturday game each week
* Practices and games are held at First Baptist Kettering Athletic Fields
EVALUATION AND SIZING DATES:
* Participants & parents must attend one session below *
* All sessions will be held at First Baptist Kettering, 3939 Swigart Rd, Dayton, OH 45440
* First Practice: TBD
* First Game: TBD
* Final Game: TBD
* Awards Night: TBD
YOUR CHILD WILL NEED:
Cleats, Soccer Ball, Shin Guards & Water bottle
DAYTON UPWARD LEADERSHIP TEAM:
League Director: Stephanie Noel
Coach Commissioners: Aaron Hager
Ref Commissioner: Paul Grabiel
Concessions: Shannon Schwartz
Grounds Commissioner: Jeff Tilford
Pastors: David Faile & Patrick Stalnaker
Questions? Contact Stephanie Noel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For inclement weather and league updates, please go to https://www.facebook.com/
AWANA (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed) is a ministry that helps us as a church work alongside parents in developing spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. A typical AWANA meeting involves three main elements:
- Game Time
- Handbook Time (Scripture Memory)
- Council Time (Bible Lesson)
The AWANA club at FBC Kettering meets on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 – 8:00 pm from September until May. Registration occurs each September; however, your child may enroll at any point throughout the year. Our program is available for children ages 2 through 6th Grade.
- AWANA offers different programs for each age group:
- PUGGLES (2 to 3 yrs.) recognizes the learning ability of 2- and 3-year olds by introducing biblical precepts at church and equipping parents to teach them at home.
- CUBBIES (3 to 5 yrs.) celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers by helping them develop respect for God, His Son and His Word.
- SPARKS (K to 2nd Grade) ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
- TRUTH AND TRAINING (3rd to 6th Grade) engages the children by answering their questions about God and the Bible, guiding them through this pivotal life stage to grow in Christ’s grace.
Sign Up to be a Kids Ministry Volunteer!